From a talk on how to open a business in OTR, to lasers and robots, to a happy hour at one of the country’s fastest growing breweries, Cincinnati’s revitalized urban district is going to be a hopping place on July 23rd.
Here are just some of the awesome NewCo sessions taking place in Over-The-Rhine.
• OTR Business: A How-to (OTR Chamber of Commerce) – Meet business owners from Over-the-Rhine and representatives the neighborhood’s Chamber. Learn about what it’s like to open and manage a pop-up monthly art gallery, to run a small business in the growing neighborhood, and to work daily to support the many locally-owned businesses in OTR.
• Equitable Economic Redevelopment: How to Build an Inclusive Entrepreneurial Ecosystem in Your Community (MORTAR) – For the past year, MORTAR has worked to build an inclusive entrepreneurial ecosystem in Greater Cincinnati, intentionally engaging underrepresented entrepreneurs for their 9-week business training course and pop-up shop. This presentation focuese on the power of a diverse ecosystem and how to create diverse opportunities to drive social and economic change in your own community.
• Design, Make, Scale in Cincinati (First Batch) – Come here for a variety of physical product startups and learn about why Cincinnati is a great place to be manufacturing and scaling products. We’ll share lessons from the First Batch program and maybe even fire up a laser or have robots help us make things while we chat.
• Why Cincinnati Is The Next Hotbed For Startups (The Brandery) – Dave Knox, CMO of Rockfish, co-founder of The Brandery and AdAge ’40 Under 40′ recipient, breaks down why we’re living in the next frontier for new tech companies, along with which components we need to get there. Join us at The Brandery to discuss how accelerators, startups, BigCo’s, and community members alike can join forces to create the next place to be for startups.
• Hoppy Happy Hour (Rhinegeist) – Come and check out our 120 year old space (110,000 square feet!) and see where one of the fastest growing breweries in the country operates – Cincinnatians are most definitely thirsty. We will have brief tours of the space as well as 10+ beers on tap to quench your thirst as you hear from our two co-founders on how Rhinegeist has come to be over the past two years and where we hope it’s heading.