Cintrifuse’s mission is to lead and accelerate the continued development of Greater Cincinnati as a disruptive, tech-based innovation economy. Our vision is to establish Greater Cincinnati as the #1 start-up hub in the Midwest and among the top innovation hubs in the nation. To do this, we inspire ideas … empower founders … lure talent … and seduce investment … in ways that make our region a magnet for entrepreneurs and innovators worldwide. A growing body of Cintrifuse work is centered on developing four strategic right to win “RTW” pillars – Future of Brand/Retail, Connected Health, FinTech/InsurTech and Supply Chain/Logistics.
Our work is gaining national recognition. Inc. Magazine just touted Cincinnati as the “absolute best model for startup success.” Check out “Inflection Point by Cintrifuse”: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=304QB_semmQ&feature=youtu.be
As part of the Cintrifuse organization and mission, we operate a “fund of funds” that provides exposure to a broad network of venture capital fund managers and thousands of startups, driving access to the best emerging technologies. Our strategy allows us to partner with top venture investors and generate strong financial returns.
Cintrifuse is looking for a motivated, proactive and energetic individual to join our company’s team as a Fund Intern this summer. This is an exciting opportunity to work with a small, intelligent, committed and energetic group that are passionate about venture capital, innovation, and entrepreneurship. It will not only be incredibly challenging and rewarding but vital to the ability of Cintrifuse to continue outperforming its peers and delivering on its strategic innovation goals. You’ll work closely with our Fund Team to aggregate and analyze data to provide visibility and insights for the team to make decisions across the Fund.
The Fund Intern will assist with multiple tasks that may include fund diligence, preparing materials for investment committee meetings, assisting with data collection/management, porting data from legacy platforms, and other tasks. The primary job responsibilities will include assisting with Cintrifuse’s effort to complete quarterly reporting, assisting in diligence of venture capital funds, helping manage a robust fund pipeline, and working with existing portfolio funds.
The position requires a high level of professionalism. Top candidates will have strong Excel modeling skills, an ability to multitask and stay organized on various analytical projects, ability to maintain full confidentiality of all sensitive data and materials, and be detail oriented to accommodate the rigors of the diligence and investing process.
Cintrifuse offers a diverse set of experiences working with entrepreneurs to top-level executives. The network and skills you build will be invaluable. Candidates should be proactive, independent, detail oriented, and take pride in a timely work product.
- • A pursuit of a BA or MS in finance, accounting, economics, or technical degree
- • Proficiency in Excel – dynamic modeling, scenario analysis, charts, visualizations, and among others
- • Proficiency in Powerpoint formatting and development
- • Ability to conduct end-to-end research and present findings
- • Knowledge of Private Equity or Venture Capital industries
Ideal Characteristics and Traits
- • A healthy curiosity
- • Clear understanding of finance, financial modeling and valuation techniques
- • Working knowledge of how to read and evaluate financial statements
- • Organized, detail oriented and able to manage multiple tasks, creating a thorough and accurate final work product while balancing other priorities
- • Exceptional verbal and written communication
- • Ethical, open-minded, and diplomatic
- • Self-generated appetite for work
- • Demonstrate the ability to competently work with limited direction using his/her own discretion and independent judgment
- • Proactive in suggesting programs and processes and providing needed work product
- • Demonstrated application of time management and project management concepts/skills
- • Effective communicator within a team and with partners
- • Coachable and open to constructive feedback to improve work product and process
- • Capable of using data to draw conclusions
- • Ability to be a team player and operate in a high-functioning team environment
Perks & Office Culture
- • Open office dynamic, collaborative co-working space at Union Hall; option to work virtually
- • Casual dress code
- • Dog friendly
- • Access to all Cintrifuse and Union Hall events
To apply, please send resume to email@example.com