CINCINNATI (October 22, 2020) — Nine finalists, including four from Cincinnati, have been named in the FinTech Frontier Pitch Competition presented by Cintrifuse, Western & Southern Financial Group and Fifth Third Bancorp. Over 50 submissions were received from 15 states and seven different countries. The Pitch Contest, looking for the best and boldest ideas to create the future of fintech, is offering $60,000 in prizes – one of the largest prize pools in the nation – in addition to coveted time with the founding partners of the FinTech Frontier
“We are thrilled with the diversity of submissions and breadth of innovative ideas we received,” said Pete Blackshaw, CEO of Cintrifuse, the Cincinnati start-up catalyst powering FinTech Frontier. “The Pitch Competition and FinTech Frontier are truly putting the Cincinnati region on a global map as an epicenter for innovative solutions and financial technology.”
The FinTech Frontier Pitch Contest finalists are:
1) Debtle, based in New Orleans. Debtle’s unique, cloud-based platform enables organizations and individuals to easily and efficiently negotiate, settle and collect bad debt accounts.
2) Earnestly, based in Cincinnati. The simplest way to automate the collection and reconciliation of earnest money payments, agent fees, and commission disbursements.
3) Fleri, based in Columbus. A marketplace to compare and purchase health insurance policies for loved ones back in your home country.
4) Habit Insurance, based in New York City. Habit bridges (re)insurers with last mile distribution partners who have large pre-existing communities and the right context to show information and sell insurance products.
5) Honeycomb Credit, based in Pittsburgh. Honeycomb Credit unlocks growth opportunities for small businesses to build vibrant, financially empowered communities by crowdsourcing loans.
6) InsureLife, based in Raleigh. InsureLife provides an AI-powered Network Orchestration Platform for Insurers that digitally connects their financial services products with consumers and agents so they interact anytime, growing sales in a contactless world.
The Fintech Frontier Pitch Competition is happening virtually this Thursday, October 29th from 1:30-3:30pm EST as a part of StartUpCincy Week. To attend the event, RSVP here .