The Cintrifuse mission is to accelerate the development of a disruptive, tech-based innovation economy in Greater Cincinnati. Our vision is to establish our region as the #1 startup hub in the Midwest and among the top innovation hubs in the nation. To do this, we inspire ideas…empower founders…lure talent…and drive investment…in ways that make our region a magnet for entrepreneurs and innovators worldwide. Our work is gaining national recognition. Inc. just touted Cincinnati as ‘the absolute best model for startup success.‘ The article also touted our Over-The-Rhine neighborhood (home of our 38,000 square foot co-working space Union Hall) one of the best revitalized in the country. More on our ambition and strategy can be found in a recent Forbes interview with our CEO.
And now we’re looking for four new employees to join our small team of ninjas to help us step up our game with frightening execution and limitless energy.
VP – Startup Growth
The VP of Startup Growth is a mission-critical role that will lead our initiatives around measurable growth and success of our startup ecosystem and local economy by growing the community, delivering scalable programs to entrepreneurs and driving startup success through connections to capital and corporate pilots (paid contracts between BigCo and startup).
The primary responsibility of this role is to drive startup growth and success in the Cintrifuse member portfolio. You will do this by:
- Growing the Cintrifuse startup community and strengthening our value proposition to it
- Managing a team responsible for startup stewardship and growth pathing
- Monetize the growth and revenue related to startup success
- Curating and matching startup needs with corporations and capital at stage of market readiness
- Designing a scalable capital funding program and strategy to increase risk capital to the region in partnership with Cintrifuse Syndicate Fund team
- Developing and leading scalable entrepreneurial programming that leverages local expertise and develops startups through market fit and readiness
- Maintaining and cultivating an active network of Subject Matter Experts for startup access (legal, development, funding, marketing)
- Partnering with other accelerators and resources in region
- Serving as external spokesperson to the role of Cintrifuse and startups in the Midwest
Success for this role will be determined by the number of startups, startups connected to capital and economic impact of startups in the Cintrifuse member portfolio.
Experience, knowledge and skills requirements:
- Experience with running programs in accelerators
- Ideal candidates will have a background in early-stage private equity or experience managing a startup through funding stages with big company pilots
- Deep connections in the Venture Capital community
- Understanding and experience with winning in all stages of funding and business
- Track record of accomplishment, growth and consistency in working with entrepreneurs.
- Experience interacting with startups as well as large corporations
- Passion for creating, deploying and executing mission, vision and values
- Ability to communicate and work effectively across teams
Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline or equivalent work experience