The Cintrifuse mission is to accelerate the development of a disruptive, tech-based innovation economy in Greater Cincinnati. Our vision is to establish our region as the #1 startup hub in the Midwest and among the top innovation hubs in the nation. To do this, we inspire ideas…empower founders…lure talent…and drive investment…in ways that make our region a magnet for entrepreneurs and innovators worldwide. Our work is gaining national recognition. Inc. just touted Cincinnati as ‘the absolute best model for startup success.‘ The article also touted our Over-The-Rhine neighborhood (home of our 38,000 square foot co-working space Union Hall) one of the best revitalized in the country. More on our ambition and strategy can be found in a recent Forbes interview with our CEO.
And now we’re looking for four new employees to join our small team of ninjas to help us step up our game with frightening execution and limitless energy.
BigCo Innovation Team – Customer Success Manager
Our BigCo Innovation team helps corporations discover the innovations — and innovators — that they need to grow and lead their industries. Through deep consumer insight, vast industry connections, and unique innovation methodologies, we help brands and companies exploit the full potential of technology and digital capability to unlock growth, identify service layers, and drive competitive advantage. Our delivery approach is lean, local, outcomes based, and heavily influenced by how startups think, design, exploit data, and iterate.
The BigCo Innovation Team Customer Success Manager will play a key role in delivering services, products, and projects to current and new Cintrifuse company clients. This includes hands-on people management with client stakeholders to ensure Cintrifuse is delivering against or exceeding expectations. This position is at the forefront of innovation and technology with exposure to top level corporate executives, access to leading corporations and significant opportunities for growth.
- Support the development of new products to meet client needs including around “right to win” pillars
- Work closely with customers to exploit the full potential of technology and digital capability to unlock growth, identify service layers, and drive competitive advantage
- Ensure that Cintrifuse’s customers derive maximum value from their investment in Cintrifuse, utilize all of their services, identify new opportunities, and collaborate with other Cintrifuse stakeholder teams to ensure adoption and a successful renewal
- Facilitate cross-sell, upsell of new products and services to add further value to clients
- Monitor customer usage data, health indicators, renewal dates and growth opportunities and translate into strategies for success
- Sell and evangelize Cintrifuse capabilities and service offerings
- Develop deep understanding of customer needs, pain points, and understanding of typical business challenges faced by customers and common objectives to appropriately map Cintrifuse offerings and associated business benefits to address their needs
- Deep consumer/customer understanding, insight, and analytical skills
- Superb communication, presentation, and relationship building skills
- Experience in basic design thinking methodology and delivery
- Strong project management skills in delivery of pilots and proof of concepts
- Experience and passion for emerging technology, from connected health to AR/VR
- Deep understanding/appreciation of lean startup principles and ways of working
- Self-starter; ability to proactively lead projects, meetings, or “hacks” with light supervision
- Team player, respectful of diversity/inclusiveness
- Strong knowledge of business processes across industry sectors
- Undergraduate degree in a related discipline or equivalent work experience
Position is Mon. – Fri., 8:30 – 5:00 p.m. Competitive salary and benefits (Medical, HSA, FSA, dental, life, short/long term disability, 401(k) with match, PTO). Open office dynamic, collaborative co-working space at Union Hall, casual dress code, dog friendly and access to all Cintrifuse and Union Hall events. To learn more about Cintrifuse, please visit our website, https://www.cintrifuse.com/. Qualified candidates, please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to Zand Walters.
Cintrifuse Syndicate Fund Analyst
Cintrifuse is looking for a motivated, proactive and energetic individual to join our company’s team as a Fund Analyst. This is an exciting opportunity to work with a small, intelligent, committed and energetic group that is passionate about venture capital, innovation, and entrepreneurship. It will not only be incredibly challenging and rewarding but vital to the ability of Cintrifuse to continue outperforming its peers and delivering on its strategic innovation goals. As our Fund Analyst, you’ll work closely with our Fund Principal and Manager to aggregate and analyze data to provide visibility and insights for the team to make decisions across the Fund.
The Fund Analyst will assist with multiple tasks including fund diligence, fielding fund visits, preparing materials for investment committee meetings, and other tasks. The primary job responsibilities include assisting with Cintrifuse’s effort to diligence venture capital funds, building a robust fund pipeline, completing quarterly reporting, working with existing portfolio funds, and supporting LP relations as needed.
The position will require interacting with fund managers, company management teams, limited partners, and large corporations; therefore, will necessitate a professional demeanor at all times. The appropriate candidate should have strong Excel modeling skills, ability to multitask and stay organized on various analytical projects, ability to maintain full confidentiality of all sensitive data and materials and must be detail oriented to accommodate the rigors of the diligence and investing process.
Cintrifuse offers a diverse set of experiences working with entrepreneurs to top-level executives. Whether you choose to grow within the company or pursue paths externally, the network and skills you build will be invaluable. Candidates should be proactive, independent, detail oriented, and take pride in a timely work product. The position will be full time and will begin as soon as possible.
- A BA or MS in finance, accounting, economics, or similar degrees
- Knowledge of Private Equity or Venture Capital industries
- Proficiency in Excel – dynamic modeling, scenario analysis, charts, visualizations, and among others
- Proficiency in Powerpoint formatting and development
- Ability to conduct research end-to-end and present findings
- Eagerness for continued learning
- Knowledge of technology industries and startups
- Preferred: 2+ years of professional work experience in venture capital, investment banking, private equity or related fields. Will consider candidates with less job experience but with strong requisite skills.
Ideal Characteristics and Traits:
- Clear understanding of finance, financial modeling and valuation techniques
- Organized, detail oriented and able to multi-task, creating a thorough and accurate final work product while balancing other priorities
- Exceptional verbal and written communication
- Ethical, open-minded, and diplomatic
- Self-generated appetite for work
- Demonstrate the ability to competently work with limited direction using his/her own discretion and independent judgment
- Proactive in suggesting programs and processes and providing needed work product
- Demonstrated application of time management and project management concepts/skills
- Effective communicator within a team and with partners
- Coachable and open to constructive feedback to improve work product and process
- Capable of using data to draw conclusions
- Ability to take on ever increasing responsibilities and grow into a larger role
- Ability to be a team player and operate in a high-functioning team environment
Perks & Office Culture
- Full Health benefits, 401k match, educational budget, competitive salary
- Open office dynamic, collaborative co-working space at Union Hall
- Casual dress code
- Dog friendly
- Access to all Cintrifuse and Union Hall events
To apply, please send resume to Zand Walters.
VP – Startup Growth
The VP of Startup Growth is a mission-critical role that will lead our initiatives around measurable growth and success of our startup ecosystem and local economy by growing the community, delivering scalable programs to entrepreneurs and driving startup success through connections to capital and corporate pilots (paid contracts between BigCo and startup).
The primary responsibility of this role is to drive startup growth and success in the Cintrifuse member portfolio. You will do this by:
- Growing the Cintrifuse startup community and strengthening our value proposition to it
- Managing a team responsible for startup stewardship and growth pathing
- Monetize the growth and revenue related to startup success
- Curating and matching startup needs with corporations and capital at stage of market readiness
- Designing a scalable capital funding program and strategy to increase risk capital to the region in partnership with Cintrifuse Syndicate Fund team
- Developing and leading scalable entrepreneurial programming that leverages local expertise and develops startups through market fit and readiness
- Maintaining and cultivating an active network of Subject Matter Experts for startup access (legal, development, funding, marketing)
- Partnering with other accelerators and resources in region
- Serving as external spokesperson to the role of Cintrifuse and startups in the Midwest
Success for this role will be determined by the number of startups, startups connected to capital and economic impact of startups in the Cintrifuse member portfolio.
Experience, knowledge and skills requirements:
- Experience with running programs in accelerators
- Ideal candidates will have a background in early-stage private equity or experience managing a startup through funding stages with big company pilots
- Deep connections in the Venture Capital community
- Understanding and experience with winning in all stages of funding and business
- Track record of accomplishment, growth and consistency in working with entrepreneurs.
- Experience interacting with startups as well as large corporations
- Passion for creating, deploying and executing mission, vision and values
- Ability to communicate and work effectively across teams
Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline or equivalent work experience
Front Desk Greeter (Union Hall)
Union Hall is the building at the epicenter of the startup scene in Cincinnati. It’s the unofficial official headquarters of StartupCincy and home to over 150 startups as well as Cintrifuse and The Brandery. As such, the building gets more than its fair share of visitors. Anyone from corporate innovation leaders to startup founders and team members – Union Hall is the clubhouse for tech-based innovation in Greater Cincinnati.
Key Priorities and Responsibilities:
Union Hall needs a friendly face at the front door to greet and ‘traffic’ visitors, residents, members, deliveries as well as a sea of curious potential members/residents. This is less of a surveillance role and more that of a greeter. This is a part-time position, 2-3 days a week, with two greeters filling the role. In this critical, very public-facing role, you’ll be responsible for:
- First impression of Union Hall and its tenants: greet residents, guests, event attendees, etc.
- Smooth transition and adaptation of all inbound traffic – getting guests to their hosts, directing event attendees to their rooms, welcoming (back) residents/members
- Having a practical knowledge and understanding of Union Hall systems: OfficeRND, Sequr, Kantech keycards, LobbyConnect, ChromeCasts, and other systems as added
- Being the first line of defense when issues arise with Union Hall systems (contact support, notifying Operations Manager)
- Opening building every weekday morning (7:30am)
- ○ Turn on TVs
- ○ Turn on lights in Beer Hall
- ○ Stock kitchen supplies
- ○ Tidy common area spaces
- ○ Relay issues to Laura if noticed
- ○ Check conference rooms at beginning of the day to ensure they are ready for use
- Handle on-site resident requests, questions, comments, concerns
- Assist Laura with resident on-boarding: Sequr (or similar system), OfficeRND, LobbyConnect
- Replenish coffee on floors 1-3 at beginning of the day and throughout day as needed
- Assist with onboarding and training interns at front desk
- Keep Salesforce up-to-date with Cintrifuse members, Union Hall residents, and events
- Assist with keeping OfficeRND, Sequr, and LobbyConnect up-to-date on monthly basis
- Manage Union Hall’s Instagram, Twitter, Facebook
- Field resident / event inquiries if Laura is OOO
- Support Cintrifuse team as needed
- Invoice for conference room overages each month
Typical Tasks Include (but not limited to…)
- Articulate the difference between membership (Cintrifuse) and residency (Union Hall)
- Able to explain Cintrifuse’s mission and the significance of the building relevant to the mission
- Provide tours to walk-ins and scheduled appointments when possible (potential residents / members)
- Perform morning checklist/routine: unlock Cintrifuse doors, buzz early guests in, turn on TVs, etc.
- Sign for deliveries
- Knowledge of the building to be able to direct event guests to the proper location
- Sort mail
- Other duties as assigned…
Desired Skills & Experience
Because we’re a small team on a massive mission – everyone on our team needs to be comfortable in stressful situations where the conditions often change Specific skills and experience we look for include:
- Positive, cheery attitude
- Understanding of the StartupCincy mission and ecosystem
- Understanding of what Cintrifuse does and who are its supporters
- Understanding of the tenants
- Ability to remain calm
- Think on your feet
- Takes direction