Union Hall Operations and Events Manager
Cintrifuse’s mission is to lead and accelerate the continued development of Greater Cincinnati as a disruptive, tech-based innovation economy. Our vision is to establish Greater Cincinnati as the #1 startup hub in the Midwest and among the top innovation hubs in the nation. To do this, we inspire ideas – empower founders, attract talent and investment in ways that make our region a magnet for entrepreneurs and innovators worldwide. A growing body of Cintrifuse work is centered on developing four strategic right to win “RTW” pillars – Future of Brand/Retail, Connected Health, FinTech/InsurTech and Supply Chain/Logistics.
As part of the Cintrifuse organization and mission, we operate a “fund of funds” that provides exposure to a broad network of venture capital fund managers and thousands of startups, driving access to the best emerging technologies. Our strategy allows us to partner with top venture investors and generate strong financial returns.
Operations and Events
As the Union Hall Operations and Events Manager, you’ll play an essential role in maintenance and success of Cintrifuse’s co-working and event space, Union Hall. The building is home to dozens of startups and hundreds of events and meetings per year.
You’ll lead the sales of co-working plans and meeting rooms, manage the various systems that keep operations running smoothly (calendar system, member check-in system, temperature controls, etc.), distribute building communications on a weekly, if not daily, basis to ensure optimal customer satisfaction. You’ll also work with Cintrifuse member startups who are not Union Hall residents, onboarding new members, helping them connect to benefits and identifying new ways Cintrifuse can help them grow!
- • Ensure Union Hall is open and operational every day – whether that be on a busy Thursday or a sleepy Sunday. When something goes down at the building – you’re the first person on the call list to handle or triage
- • Manage relationships of Union Hall partner vendors – custodial, maintenance, security, building access, HVAC, A/V
- • Field membership inquiries, provide tours, onboard new residents, offboard residents and be point person to field resident questions or resolve resident issues
- • Manage building technology to allow for building access, member check-in, calendar bookings, data collection and regular member use (printing, billing, etc.)
- • Ensure all Union Hall systems are up-to-date with memberships (contracts signed, payments up-to-date)
- • Oversee all capital improvement projects and updates to Union Hall, while staying within budget and schedule
- • Manage day-to-day operations of the building: sorting mail, stocking coffee & pantry supplies, ordering supplies
- • Ability to work minimal nights, weekends & be available after hours for emergencies, as needed
- • Execute weekly & monthly Union Hall Excel volume reports
- • Event host, onsite contact for events
- • Develop and manage networking programming for Union Hall and Cintrifuse members
- • Strategically sell Union Hall membership packages, sell and book meeting rooms to relevant events that fit within Cintrifuse’s mission (corporate offsites, university related meetings or events, startup related meetings or events) and meeting yearly revenue goals
- • Maintain event and member marketing collateral to share with prospective members (membership plans brochure, event info packet, etc) in coordination with Cintrifuse Marketing Manager
- • Forge strategic partnerships to sell as perks for Union Hall and Cintrifuse members
Professional Upside for Candidate
Cintrifuse is supported by top corporations, brands, and private investors. Our Fund is a top performer, and Cintrifuse employees have advanced to fantastic opportunities. We have high expectations, but we will package extraordinary work experiences for ideal candidates. We think/act like startups: listening, lean “more for less” mindset, speed, momentum, agility. Plays key organizing role in marquee event StartupCincy Week for Cincinnati startup community and ecosystem.
- Detail-oriented, organized, diligent about hitting deadlines and closing loops
- Experience in planning and managing projects
- Excellent sales and interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills with all types of stakeholders and hierarchy
- Experience with CRM (Salesforce) including administration, reporting, process documentation, training and not timid of learning new technology: CoWorks, KISI, DoorBird, Savant, Stripe and myriad A/V platforms
- Comfortable with data – including analysis (Excel), creating reports, and combining different data to tell a story
- Thrive in a smaller company environment or ideally worked in and contributed to a startup!
This position is full-time, 40 hours/week and on-site at Union Hall, 1311 Vine St., OTR. Competitive salary and benefits. To learn more about Cintrifuse, https://www.cintrifuse.com/. To apply, please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to Zand Walters at firstname.lastname@example.org.