The mission of Cintrifuse is to lead and accelerate the development of Greater Cincinnati as a disruptive, tech-based innovation economy. Our vision is to be the #1 startup center in the Midwest and a top innovation hub in the nation. We work with startups, corporate collaborators, and venture investors who are leveraging our region’s strength as the Great Supply Way to America and innovating in critical areas such as sustainability, supply chain, and FinTech. See video overview.
A critical competitive advantage for Cintrifuse is our $118 million strategic “Fund of Funds.” We invest in the world’s best venture capital firms and managers to provide Greater Cincinnati companies access to technology, connections, relationships, and an unparalleled window into the future.
Strategic Innovation and Venture Connections Manager
We are looking for an exceptionally curious, articulate, analytical leader to harness and ignite the power of our coveted fund network across investor, startup, strategic focus, and local startup ecosystem needs. Reporting to the Director of Corporate Innovation Services, this person is an enthusiastic, exceptional relationship builder adept at making introductions, forging connections, and marrying unmet needs and pain points with startup solutions and inspiration. You will lead or participate in thought leadership and innovation briefings with some of the world’s most influential executives and decision-makers, including P&G, Kroger, Western & Southern, JM Smucker, TQL, Scripps, Great American Insurance, and more. You’ll also interface with key Cintrifuse stakeholders, especially Startup Services, and work closely with the #StartupCincy community.
You’ll play a lead role in scouting startups and technology across the global landscape and within the Cintrifuse Fund portfolio. Specific responsibilities include:
- Develop and support a “startup sourcing concierge desk” to respond to business briefs and challenges (e.g., Client needs solutions for sustainable packaging or cold-water usage, etc.) as well as general Limited Partner (LP) innovation needs through access to innovation within the Syndicate Fund portfolio, including both startup companies and Venture Capital (VC) funds
- Catalog and respond to our customer innovation needs through both sourcing/curation of startups, pro-active introductions to our portfolio companies, and support of Corporate Innovation services
- Identify growth, innovation, startup connection, and investment opportunities for Cintrifuse stakeholders/investors
- Deliver proactive, high impact analysis, communication, and thought leadership to Cintrifuse stakeholders related to market trends, key “startups to watch,” key “technologies to watch,” and key trends in vertical focus areas (e.g., monthly “Green Hot Sheet” of top sustainability startups in Cintrifuse General Partner (GP) network, bi-weekly Fireside Chat with Fund GP expert and local startup founders, an engaging recap of GP Annual Meeting, etc.)
- Provide consistent and insightful communication to our customer LPs (on fund investments, fund developments, and market trends) and VCs (to communicate LP needs and event support)
- Develop and nurture “master influencer list” of experts, thought-leaders, and innovators in the Cintrifuse Fund GP network to be activated as needed against a range of needs
- Administer the Cintrifuse relationship with Pitchbook, including management of Pitchbook analyst support and organization or scalable reports related to startups and innovation sourcing from GP network
- Partner with the innovation services lead in “demand sensing” of local investor needs via surveys, LinkedIn analysis, ESG reports, stock market reports, and live feedback sessions
Characteristics of Successful Candidates
- Deeply passionate about startup innovation, disruptive new business models, and step-change value creation
- Exceptional sense of “market timing” in sharing insights, news, and competitive or marketplace developments (e.g., shares insight precisely when CEO of GP is losing sleep on a topic, etc.)
- An exceptionally curious, proactive collaborator who is fascinated with technology, shares freely and has the unique ability to be a creative storyteller
- Organized, detail oriented and able to multi-task
- Ability to competently work with limited direction using both discretion and independent judgment
- S. or B.A. degree
- Superb analysis and written communication skills (including social media)
- Proven relationship-marketing track record
- Knowledge of Private Equity/Venture Capital industries
- Proficiency in MS Office (specifically Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to conduct research end-to-end and present findings
- Self-starter and eagerness for continued learning
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume to Zand Walters at firstname.lastname@example.org.
“This role is at the heart of the Cintrifuse value proposition. Our Fund network is a doorway into the future – a future of breakthrough technology, disruptive new business models, digital transformation, and promising solutions to extreme challenges like sustainability. We’re looking for talent eager to unlock the value of our connections and relationships for the benefit of our stakeholders.”
— Pete Blackshaw, CEO of Cintrifuse
Cintrifuse Fund Network Includes
Greycroft, Upfront Ventures, Maveron Ventures, Material Impact, 5AM Ventures, Refinery Ventures, Pelion Venture Partners, SV Life Sciences, Bullpen Capital, Allos Ventures, Rivercities Capital, Atlas Ventures, Techstars, Revolution Ventures, Atomic Ventures, Science VC, Sigma Prime Ventures, Boldstart, Lerer Hippeau Ventures, Mercury; Crosscut and Madrona
Cintrifuse Limited Partners/Investors Include
Kroger, P&G, Western & Southern Life, EW Scripps, Duke Energy, Cincinnati Children’s Hospital, Bon Secours Mercy Health, University of Cincinnati, JM Smucker, Michelman, Cincinnati Bell, Great American Insurance Group, TQL, Miami University, Northern Kentucky University, AAA Club Alliance, Cincinnati Financial, St. Elizabeth’s Hospital, Standard Textile and Greater Cincinnati Foundation