Cintrifuse’s mission is to lead and accelerate the continued development of Greater Cincinnati as a disruptive, tech-based innovation economy. Our vision is to establish Greater Cincinnati as the #1 startup hub in the Midwest and among the top innovation hubs in the nation. To do this, we connect and catalyze startups, corporate innovation champions, and high-impact venture capitalists to attract talent, technology and capital to our region. We are nationally known with strong relationships among founders, venture capitalists, Fortune 500 executives and brand builders, tech-sector leaders, and political leaders at the city, state and national levels.
Cintrifuse plays a unique role in our community.
We are the only institution focused on Cincinnati’s entire startup ecosystem and the curator of StartupCincy, which is both an annual week-long event – hosted at our historic Union Hall home – and an invigorated community of entrepreneurs.
We are the only institution directly funded by the region’s largest corporations, with board representation including CEOs and other C-Suite leaders from its largest investors.
We manage the largest syndicate fund in the region, with more than $115 million in assets under management that attract the engagement of venture capitalists from throughout the nation, including Silicon Valley, New York, Boston, and other VC hubs.
We have aligned Cincinnati’s innovation community to focus on key strategic pillars where the region has critical advantages to win. This includes Sustainability, Supply Chain, and FinTech/InsureTech.
Cincinnati has been touted as the “absolute best model for startup success” by Inc. Magazine – and its influence is growing. It is playing a highly collaborative leadership role in the region’s post-pandemic revitalization, along with VC partner CincyTech, and is bringing urgent focus on sustainability innovation as a game-changer for the region and for Cincinnati’s startup ecosystem. To get a sense for the momentum we’re building, check out “Inflection Point by Cintrifuse” and Greater Cincinnati: Our Queen City is a Green City.
Director of External Relations & Development
As Director of External Relations & Development, reporting directly to the CEO and serving as a member of the Senior Leadership Team, you’ll exert visible influence on every aspect of Cintrifuse’s strategy and community engagement.
Cultivate and leverage strong relationships with key stakeholders – including Cintrifuse Board of Directors, founders and entrepreneurs, corporate partners, venture capitalists, high-net-worth individual investors, local/state/national political leaders, philanthropic donor organizations, and the Cincinnati startup ecosystem.
Create and execute Cintrifuse Development plan to ensure sustainable funding through grants, sponsorships and events. Work hand-in-hand with Cintrifuse Board, Fund Team, Startup Services and Union Hall Experience Team to ensure seamless, catalytic collaboration across VC fundraising, LP partner investments, and programming revenue.
Lead the StartupCincy community and annual week-long event, with emphasis on growing and leveraging the Cincinnati startup ecosystem. Create a bold vision for growing this community and Cintrifuse sub-brand, building on strong existing equity and engagement. This includes but is not limited to leading StartupCincy Week design, planning and execution, and sponsor recruiting/engagement.
Lead development and delivery of the Cintrifuse Communications and Community Engagement strategy and plan.
Characteristics of Successful Candidates
- • Balances strategic vision and executional discipline. The ideal candidate is both a strategist and an operator, capable of seeing how to achieve long-term goals while delivering day-to-day deliverables
- • Approaches this role with a “Big Tent” mindset, instinctively focused on making the pie bigger for every stakeholder and focused on what is needed to win as a region and as a holistic organization
- • Thrives on “win-win” scenarios that create competitive advantage for the region and for every player in the ecosystem
- • Passionate about cultivating highly productive, collaborative relationships inside and outside of Cintrifuse – with experience managing ecosystems and achieving influence with and without positional authority
- • Skilled communication strategist and communicator, with demonstrated expertise in communication strategy, content development, and inspiring great creative in internal/external partners
- • B.S. or B.A. degree
- • Ability to successfully engage and close development opportunities
- • Ability to shape and deliver high-impact communication and influence activities
- • Experience with CRM a plus (Salesforce, Pardot) including administration, reporting, process documentation, training
- • Comfortable with data – including analysis (Excel), creating reports and combining different data to tell a story
- • Ability to be a team player and operate in a high-functioning team environment
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to Zand@Cintrifuse.com.