Cincinnati, OH (September 14, 2018) – First announced in June 2018, Cincinnati Startup Week powered by CincyTech is returning for a second year and full of exciting changes – including the addition of the OCEAN Conference into the schedule of events. Startup Week is a week-long event (free and open to the public) designed to connect people across the Greater Cincinnati region who have a passion for entrepreneurship and innovation.
The Calendar Is Live: Build Your Schedule
The week will also include an $8,000 IoT pitch competition, sponsored by Main Street Ventures and Losant. The teams at Main Street Ventures and Losant are calling on local Cincinnati engineers, entrepreneurs, and hackers to show them their ideas in the IoT space, and use their expertise and creative to develop an IoT solution in the fields of asset tracking, fluid tracking, or power tracking.
Startup Week will set up basecamp from Monday through Thursday at StartupCincy’s entrepreneurial hub of Union Hall — a 38,000 sq. ft. co-working space strategically situated in the heart of Over-the-Rhine. Beginning, Thursday and expanding on Friday, OCEAN Conference events will be held at the Oakley Crossroads in the form of a paid admission event. During the course of five days, in an event run by the community and for the community, attendees will hear from a wide variety of speakers, special guests, workshops and panels organized into day-long tracks focused on the following:
- Monday, Oct. 8 — Starting & Establishing: The week will kick off with a keynote from the Silicon Valley-based founder and Executive Chairman of Quotient, Steven Boal, followed by a day of panels and speakers covering topics such as starting the first Midwestern African-American brewery, entrepreneurship through authorship and bootstrapping your way into a startup. Happy Hour at Three Points Urban Brewery, courtesy of Bunker Labs and Centric Consulting.
- Tuesday, Oct. 9 — Activate & Accelerate: Events include a demo day (+livestream) for the Hillman accelerator, Dhani Jones speaking about local startup ActionStreamer, how VCs view accelerator companies and Entrepreneur’s Organization Global Student Entrepreneur Awards. Happy Hour at Rosedale courtesy of Amazon Web Services and Entrepreneur’s Organization.
- Wednesday, Oct. 10 — Accomplish & Give Back: Sessions will include discussions with FC Cincinnati’s Jeff Berding, funding with David Willbrand, building a diverse network, a developer roundtable and the reveal of Powderkeg’s Cincinnati Tech Census. The Main Street Ventures + Losant Pitch Competition for $8,000 in cash will also take place on the Wednesday night happy hour.Happy Hour at Drinkery, courtesy of Taft and Losant.
- Thursday, Oct. 11 — Choose Your Adventure: Thursday will begin with the return of the Cintrifuse Tech Frontier Series – focusing on a experiential showcase of bleeding-edge technology in the AR/VR space. Other events will include talks on best using incubators, content and a showcase of this fall’s Founder’s Institute cohort. Thursday evening, all Startup Week participants will be invited to attend the kickoff of Ocean Conference and then pour on over to the MadTree Taproom for an gigantic StartupCincy celebration.
- Friday, Oct. 12 — OCEAN Conference: Unpolished – now OCEAN Conference is back for its fourth consecutive year. The 2018 conference will be bigger and better than ever, featuring two days (some programming beginning Thursday) of keynotes and Learning Community tracks led by entrepreneurs, business leaders, faith leaders and creatives like the renowned keynote speaker, Seth Godin. Union Hall will become an Open House with networking, impromptu workshops and collaborations. Then join the crew over at Taft’s Ale House for an impromptu swag swap where you can get rid of some of your leftover branded apparel and exchange with your fellow startups.
Techstars Startup Week Cincinnati Sponsors
Sponsors for the week include CincyTech, Main Street Ventures, Cintrifuse, Union Hall, Entrepreneur’s Organization, Centric Consulting, Bunker Labs, Amazon Web Services, Taft, Miami University, Refinery Ventures, Cincy Inno, Losant, Queen City Angels, Pivit Software LLC and Service Crews LLC.
StartupCincy is a community of entrepreneurs, BigCos, educators, investors, student, creatives and enthusiasts. Our mission is to build a sustainable, tech-based economy for our city, our region and the entire Midwest. Collectively, we are Greater Cincinnati’s startup community and we’re here to create a new future.
About Union Hall
Union Hall is a 38,000 sq. ft. building where disrupters come to roll up their sleeves and get to work.
We are located in Cincinnati’s historic Over the Rhine neighborhood, a thriving beer-soaked powerhouse of culinary delight and entrepreneurial energy. Situated just across from parking and around the corner from Washington Park, our space sits in the heart of the new, wrapped in the beauty of the old.