Cincinnati lays claim to one of the most vibrant startup ecosystems between the coasts. Home to The Brandery, one of the nation’s Top 10 accelerators; HCDC, the #1 incubator in the State of Ohio; CincyTech, one of the Midwest’s leading seed-stage investors; Queen City Angels, a private, seed-stage venture capital investor ranked #2 in the nation; four universities committed to innovation; and now the country’s only faith-based accelerator – there is a ton of innovation activity in this town!
Combine that with an organization like Cintrifuse that facilitates meetings between startups, VCs, and corporate customers – why would you want to grow your startup anywhere else?
Cincinnati Startup Events
Expand AllCollapse All
- ArtWorks CO.STARTERS – ArtWorks CO.STARTERS (formerly SpringBoard) is a nine-week business development program that helps aspiring and seasoned entrepreneurs examine assumptions and turn business ideas into action.
- Bad Girl Ventures – Bad Girl Ventures is an educational and micro-finance organization dedicated to inspiring and supporting women entrepreneurs in all the key elements of their business.
- The Brandery – The Brandery is a seed stage startup accelerator ranked as one of the top programs in the United States. We run a 4-month program in Cincinnati, Ohio, focused on turning your great idea into a successful brand driven startup.
- First Batch – First Batch is a four-month accelerator that connects the manufacturing community with entrepreneurs to take an idea you hold in your head to a product you hold in your hand – and sell.
- MORTAR – MORTAR believes that the neighborhood’s residents have the potential to create booming enterprises – just footsteps from their homes.
- Minority Business Accelerator – The Minority Business Accelerator’s (MBA) mission is to help accelerate the development of sizable minority business enterprises and to strengthen and expand the regional minority entrepreneurial community.
- Ocean – OCEAN accelerates startup growth by focusing on the purpose that drives founders…and their companies.
- UpTech – UpTech is designed to attract and accelerate entrepreneurs who have the next big idea to make the world a better place. Our mission is to create an informatics industry in Northern Kentucky. We are especially well-suited to support entrepreneurs who benefit from our partnership with the NKU College of Informatics.
- bioLOGIC – A life sciences incubator.
- Hamilton Mill – The Hamilton Mill is a Southwestern Ohio small business incubator for green, clean, water, digital and advanced manufacturing technologies. Conveniently located between Cincinnati and Dayton in the original pioneer town of Hamilton, OH.
- HCDC – Hamilton County Development Center (HCDC) is a nationally recognized startup incubator in Southwest Ohio that helps entrepreneurs launch successful innovative businesses.
- NKY ezone – The Northern Kentucky ezone works collaboratively with several organizations that provide funding assistance to fast-growth, high-tech companies. Our team will work with you in assembling the necessary information, plans, and presentations to apply for these opportunities.
- Cintrifuse – Enviable downtown location, ideal for small teams that have grown out of the corner coffee shop. Proximity to other entrepreneurs embeds startups with other startups allowing for collaborations and teams to form.
- Hamilton County Business Center – Hamilton County Business Center (HCBC) CoWorks space offers aspiring entrepreneurs and early stage ventures the opportunity to have shared space in one of the Midwest’s premier business incubation programs – the Business Center.
- Hive13 – Hive13 aims to create a place where a diverse community of makers can collaborate and pursue creative projects. Hive13 promotes science & technology education, open source values, and skill sharing amongst its members and the community.
- MOVE – MOVE believes in balance and optimizing life to the fullest. Staying healthy and fit as a busy entrepreneur can be a challenge. With full access to their gym and functional fitness classes you build your business and keep yourself fit.
- Platform 53 – Platform 53 is conveniently located in Covington right off 71/75, minutes from downtown Cincinnati and surrounding areas.
- Bearcat Launchpad – The Bearcat Launchpad is an opportunity for all undergraduate students to come together at the University of Cincinnati and work on interdisciplinary teams to turn an idea into a viable business concept.
- INKUBATOR – The INKUBATOR aims to increase the competitive advantage for NKU students by providing them with education, mentoring, financing, facilities, and other related resources necessary for a successful entrepreneurial startup process.
- UC Accelerator – The University of Cincinnati Technology Commercialization Accelerator provides seed funding, commercialization expertise and business connections to launch potentially high-impact entrepreneurial initiatives.
- UCRI – University of Cincinnati Research Institute (UCRI) serves to connect UC experts to industry partners, facilitate commercialization of research and enhance cooperative and experiential learning experiences for UC students.
- X-LAB – The X-LAB competition is an entrepreneur competition where driven entrepreneurs compete for the opportunity to have Xavier University faculty, students, and executive mentors help them get prepared to launch a business.
- Xavier University Center for Innovation – CFI provides capabilities and resources to ignite, inspire, connect, and transform three distinct communities – Healthcare, Education, and Innovation – while simultaneously supporting both the local Connector Community (Startup/Entrepreneurs) and Xavier University.
- The Miami University Armstrong Institute for Interactive Media Studies (AIMS) – AIMS offers a semester-long immersive experience for Miami students to live, work, study, play and embed themselves in the city’s thriving startup ecosystem.
- Altman Internship Program – The nationally ranked Institute for Entrepreneurship at Miami University sources top student talent for hands-on summer internships in early-stage growth companies across StartupCincy. At the end of the summer, companies receive a cost-sharing reimbursement for the intern’s pay.
- Redhawk Ventures – Miami University’s student-run venture fund invests in business started by Miami alumni for up to ten years after graduation.
Venture Development Organization
- CincyTech – CincyTech is a public-private seed-stage investor whose mission is to strengthen the regional economy by driving talent and capital into scalable technology-based companies in Southwest Ohio.
- Allos Ventures – Invests in early-stage companies, augmenting the capital provided by angel investors who have helped the companies reach a stage at which they are ready for their first institutional financing round.
- Blue Chip Venture Company – Blue Chip provides “last financing round” or “pre-exit” capital for early stage investors and venture-backed companies.
- CCHMC Tomorrow Fund – Biomedical innovation coming out of Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center is getting another boost with a new $3-million grant from Ohio’s Third Frontier technology-based economic development initiative.
- Queen City Angels – a group of experienced entrepreneurs, CEOs, and investors committed to helping the region’s entrepreneur ecosystem.
- River Cities Capital Funds – River Cities Capital Funds provides growth equity and business acumen to high-potential healthcare and IT companies.
- Vine Street Ventures – Vine Street Ventures is a venture capital investment firm dedicated to investing in internet and mobile businesses.
- City of Cincinnati – Whether you are exploring the Cincinnati market, investing in a new facility, or growing within your existing footprint, the staff in the the City’s Economic Development Division is ready to meet your needs.
- REDI – Regional Economic Development Initiative (REDI) Cincinnati is the first point-of-contact if you’re interested in starting, locating or expanding your business in our three-state, 15-county region.
- Kentucky Innovation Network – The Kentucky Innovation Network is a network of business leaders and mentors that encourage relationships, grow companies new and existing, and create jobs.
- Northern Kentucky Tri-Ed – Northern Kentucky Tri-Ed is a non-profit economic development organization serving Northern Kentucky.
- The Circuit – The Circuit provides education, networking opportunities, an online sales channel, advocacy to government, and access to early-stage capital for its members and the entire IT community in our region.
- GCVA – The Greater Cincinnati Venture Association was founded in 1985 to connect entrepreneurs and investors through monthly meetings.
- Innov8 for Health – Innov8 for Health is a community-based innovation program that identifies, incentivizes, and supports the creation and acceleration of innovative health solutions.
- SBDC – Cincinnati – The Small Business Development Center (SBDC) Urban League in Cincinnati provides comprehensive business management and education services. Free, confidential, in-depth, one-on-one counseling and low- or no-cost training.
- SBDC – @NKU for NKY – The Small Business Development Center (SBDC) in Northern Kentucky at Northern Kentucky University provides one-on-one consultations at no cost to existing and potential entrepreneurs in Northern Kentucky.
- SCORE – It’s free! It’s unlimited! SCORE provides you with expertise that will start you on the right path towards your business goals.
- Square1 – SQUARE1 is an entrepreneur education and business accelerator services company that provides resources to a broad range of individuals interested in turning ideas and research into business startups.